Thursday, August 6, 2009

Latisse—Does it actually make your eyelashes grow longer!?!



These are my Week 1 photos (Before any use of Latisse).

Every week, I will update my blog with new pictures so that we can track my eyelashes' growth with Latisse. In the photos, I am without makeup and my lashes are 100% natural. Like most women, I’m not entirely satisfied with my lashes. They’re fairly dark, but they’re lacking luster. Could Latisse change that for me?

Latisse is the only FDA approved eyelash growth treatment with Lumigan, an ingredient that is actually proven to increase hair growth.

Lumigan was originally used as a drug to treat glaucoma patients. Patients applied drops of it to their eyes. One unintentional side effect of the drug was that regular use caused patients’ eyelashes to grow longer, thicker, and darker. This was observed years ago but it wasn’t until recently that the FDA approved the drug to be used cosmetically. The result is Latisse.

Latisse is available by prescription only, but it’s not difficult to get. I walked into my local plastic surgeon’s office simply to ask about it, and I walked away $120 poorer, but with Latisse in my hands. According to latisse.com, “users may see results starting at 8 weeks with full results at 12 to 16 weeks.”

It looks like my journey toward long lashes will be a long one, but I’ll keep the photos coming every week, I promise.

To track the progress of my experience with Latisse, without having to sift through all my other blog entries, go to the right side of my blog marked “Labels” and click on “Latisse.” All of my updates pertaining to the eyelash grower should come up together.

Basic info (from my understanding) about Latisse:
  • It’s available by prescription only.
  • It costs$ 120 (per month, which works out to be about $4 a day)
  • Possible side effects include darkening of the iris, which is not dangerous to your health
  • It is applied once a day
For more information about Latisse, testimonials, and “before & after” photos, visit: www.latisse.com

3 comments:

aliyasmith13 said...

Having a longer and thicker eyelash is probably one of the greatest dreams of many women. And as far as eyelash growth products are concerned, Latisse is proud to stay at the top of the list, being the sole treatment which has got the approval of FDA. Being a prescription drug, this is something that can be simply bought over the counter. Latisse also ensures that you will certainly experience a transformation of your eyelashes - from its think, short, brittle and inadequate condition to making it longer, thicker and much healthier.


-------------
Aliya of Eyelash Growth

Lisa Bell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa Bell said...

Latisse eyelash serum is FDA approved medication for treatment of glaucoma and to improve growth of eyelashes. Latisse cost is so high thus it is not affordable to ordinary peoples. But the one can buy generic latisse in affordable prices for online pharmacy.