Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Bumpits Website Isn't Worth It

Image borrowed from bumpits.com

I was going to wait until my Bumpits arrived before I blogged about them, but my experience on the website made it pertinent that I blog now.

As some of you probably know, Bumpits are the little comb-like, clip-like things that promise to create the perfect “hair bump” or “bitch poof,” as my dear friend Brittany calls them. It seems as if you can’t turn on the TV without being bombarded with a dozen commercials for the damn things. Naturally, I had to try them.

The TV commercials promise an inexpensive product for $19.99 plus p&h. Once on the website, www.bumpits.com, I see that I only get two Bumpits for $19.99 and p&h is $7.95. To get the product advertised on TV that is supposedly FREE, an additional p&h of $6.95 is added to your bill, resulting in a whopping $34.89 total. As you can see, that is a huge jump from $19.99.

But of course, I love products too much to pass up the opportunity for the Bumpit. I’m sucked in. Once my credit card information is entered, I am bombarded with five pop-up windows asking me to purchase more products, most of which have nothing to do with the Bumpits (and all of which are very expensive). In order to confirm my original order, I need to sift through all of these other propositions and find the tiny, faintly colored “No” button on each page. Needless to say, the Bumpits website is a time-consuming, expensive pain.

Hopefully when they arrive, it’ll all be worth it ☺. Perfect poof, here I come! I’ll take pictures as soon as they’re here!

2 comments:

queen said...

Bumpits don't work so don't waste your money on them. They are too big and the teeth show through the hair. I was behind a girl the other day and I could see the whole thing in her hair. Ridiculous!

Sarah said...

I actually ended up buying them and I had good luck with them! You just have to make sure that you tease your hair a bunch when you use them. I have pictures on my latest blog entry!