Saturday, August 15, 2009

Jose Eber crazy European flat irons



My newest obsession (of the moment) is the Jose Eber flat iron. I already had a nice flat iron (a CHI) before I bought this one, but as I was walking through the mall the other day I somehow got roped into “testing out” another one at the Jose Eber kiosk. I was practically ambushed by those charming but somewhat obnoxious European men who work at the mall and call out to you “pretty lady, is your hair naturally curly?” (In a heavy European accent, naturally).


At any rate, one thing led to another and five minutes later my naturally curly, frizzy mess of hair was straight. I’m telling you, it only took FIVE MINUTES. With my $120 CHI flat iron, it takes me 15-20 minutes to straighten my hair.


But when my lovely new European friend told me that Jose Eber flat irons cost a whopping $250 each, I laughed in his face and told him when hell froze over I would spend that kind of money on an iron (in a nicer way, of course).


“For you, pretty lady, a special deal…” he said. Right, I’m sure he’s never said that before. “How much did you pay for your horrible CHI?” he asked.


“It’s not horrible, but I got it on ebay for $80.”


“Your CHI is ruining your hair! Jose Eber makes it soft and shiny! For you, I will match the price of your CHI, but don’t tell anybody because you are robbing me blind!”


Sadly, I’m a sucker for a good deal. I got the price down to $75 and I bought the damn thing in hot pink. But as soon I as I got home I looked for Jose Eber on amazon.com and found irons for as little as $69.99, so don’t be fooled into paying anything close to the $250 the men at the mall are asking for it.


At any rate, it’s been a week since my impulse purchase and my hair still straightens in five to ten minutes, which is a huge feat for someone with as much curly hair as I have. The iron also makes my hair softer than it’s been in years, and much shinier than my CHI makes it. So yes, I would highly recommend Jose Eber flat irons.


The dealio:

Price: $69-$250

Colors and design: Tons!

Warranty: Lifetime!!


If you’re on the market for a flat iron, Jose Eber is the man!


Sarah

11 comments:

Stephanie said...

Are they dual voltage?

Anonymous said...

LOL I just bought one yesterdAy for about eighty dollars but it does make your hair shiny....

suz said...

I bought one yesterday for 125, then i saw on the internet they are 79. But, I love it. I have a Paul Mithchell fLAT IRON. but the Jose Eber Flat Iron is the best. Make my hair shiny and pretty and it works so fast!

Unknown said...

argggg I just paid $150 like a fool...and i thought I beat him down...it hurt to spend that too but I was soo amazed by the results ...anyway u decsribed the whole experience exactly the way it happened....wish I read this first

Unknown said...

Both my friend and I paid about $95 for it with tax. There's not really a lifetime warranty. If you read the fine print it does not cover normal wear and tear. So, if the ceramic plates on yours have not yet cracked, go and replace it ASAP. There are supposed to be no questions asked. I'm going to continue to replace it every couple of months to ensure that I get my deal out of it.

Unknown said...

OMG! she got me yesterday in the mall... I am very upset after logging on last night and reading all these reviews about it... i hope my experience is like yours... & I will definately switch it in a couple of months.. I hope they dont give me trouble ... I paid 150 for mine...so there are two of us that are fools

Elizabeth said...

Three fools! I paid 130 for mine... and the guy (from Israel with a sweet middle-eastern accent) even asked me to dinner! I turned him down though. I also got free hair styling at any of the stands or salons in my area and the life-time warranty. But I do really love it.

Unknown said...

I actually just got one of these at a mall kiosk they were on sale 50 percent off around Christmas the hair straightener was 120 that's just for the hair straightener though. for only 180 I was able to get them to sell me a hair straightener a mini hair straightener and a curling iron and a mini blow dryer all in one set and that was only a hundred eighty I looked on Amazon after I made the down payment and yeah I saw that you could get a flat iron on Amazon for 60 some dollars but I do not see the kit anywhere else so I feel like I got a good deal at the mall kiosk. :-)

Natisha said...

I bought a jose eber 1.5 styling iron with korean tourmaline ceramic plates, it says life time warranty on it, does anyone know where you go to have the plates changed on it? I paid $100 for it at a mall and they also included a flat iron holder, a huge jkse eber tote bag to put my things in and some rodeo drive beauty luxury conditioner that I've never used. I have thick coarse curly and when I flat iron it it lools long and pretty, but I can't really decipher which flat iron is better, the jose eber or the chi air expert classic tourmaline ceramic 1" flat iron that I also have...

Natisha said...

Mine is...but I don't even know what that means...

Natisha said...

Do u think theu are better than the chi?